The Order Picker is responsible for correctly identifying, safely picking merchandise from its indicated storage locations, and staging them accurately and efficiently as directed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate Order picking equipment to perform picking duties.
- Inspect Order Picking equipment assigned at the beginning of shift daily.
- Report any issues found immediately to supervisor.
- Place the picked merchandise on a pallet.
- Place completed pallet in corresponding dock location.
- Picking accuracy and performance
- Repack any merchandise that requires such handling when necessary.
- Report quality issues when found.
- Assist in conducting physical inventories as required.
- Assist in palletizing on shipping dock and loading trucks when needed.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Safety, Sanitation, Security: Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety.
- Comply with OSHA and MSDS Standards.
- Special Projects as necessary.
Education & Formal Training
- High School or High School equivalent diploma.
- Must be over the age of 18.
- Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
- Ability to follow directions thoroughly and efficiently.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive working relationships.
- Work is performed within a warehouse environment, which includes the use of standard warehouse equipment.
- Must be able to concentrate in a fast paced environment.
- Must be comfortable around powered industrial vehicles at the warehouse.
- Warehouse environment can be warmer or cooler depending on climate.
Experience & Skills
- Must be able to read and count accurately, do simple math, and write legibly.
- Must complete Company forklift training program and be able to operate an order picker.
- Must be able to safely lift 50+ lbs repeatedly without restriction.
- Must be able to bend/stoop repeatedly (20+times/hour)
- Must be able to sit, stand and walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to follow directions thoroughly.