Retail ASSOCIATE MANAGER job/Retail Sales Manager Trainee (FT)
Z Gallerie is an exciting retail store chain that specializes in stylish HOME DECOR & chic furniture at affordable prices. A beautiful catalog, over 68 retail locations nationwide and an E-Commerce site keep Z Gallerie in the forefront as the premier lifestyle brand in the fashion home space. Z Gallerie is a great place to grow your career!!
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Associate Manager is an entry-level, hourly management position that supports the Store Manager and Assistant Manager with generating sales, store operations, interacting with customers, ensuring an outstanding customer experience and enforcing all policies and procedures. This role is a developmental opportunity in preparation for an Assistant/Store Manager position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Foster a customer focused environment that ensures outstanding service.
- Lead and inspire store team with quarterly Division of Responsibility (DOR); i.e. furniture, gallery and accessories updates.
- Partner with Assistant and Store Manager to achieve and exceed financial results.
- Problem solve customer issues as a leader in the store.
- Understand key performance indicators (KPI’s) and utilize company reports to analyze and create strategic business solutions.
- Collaborate with Assistant and Store Manager to maximize scheduling to effectively meet the needs of the business.
- Uphold and embrace the Z Gallerie Mission and Values statement.
- Exemplify Company Leadership Competencies.
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity and lead by example to uphold all company policies, standards and procedures.
- Represent the company in a professional and positive manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Formal Training
- A High School diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) required
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to carry out detailed tasks and projects with minimal direction or supervision
- Ability to determine and shift priorities quickly
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive working relationships
- Must be able to concentrate in an intense, fast-paced environment with numerous distractions
Experience & Skills
- 1-2 years; supervisory/management experience in a retail sales environment or similar fast paced, customer service environment, preferred
- Ability to lead and mentor employees
- Ability to work varying hours and schedules to include days, mid shifts, nights, weekends and holidays
- Previous retail sales experience and outstanding customer service skills
- Ability to utilize retail POS System
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Must have ability to safely lift minimum of 50 lbs. without restrictions and to participate in processing shipment
- The ability to be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time
- Able to regularly perform store maintenance items: sweep, vacuum, empty trash, clean
- Ability to use and climb ladders safely
- Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude and ability to deal effectively with customers, management, employees and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines with attention to detail
What we offer!
- Great financial incentives for meeting and exceeding sales goals!
- We provide ongoing training on product knowledge and selling techniques.
- Exciting Career growth opportunities!
- Competitive Pay.
- Great employee discounts.
We encourage all qualified applicants to submit their resumes to us as soon as possible!